Who should attend?
Adults 18 years or older who have been diagnosed with mild to moderate hip and/or knee Osteoarthritis
2 educations sessions about Osteoarthritis
12 exercise sessions (2x/week for 6 weeks)
2 Education Sessions (90 minutes each) will teach participants:
• What is osteoarthritis, risk factors, and symptoms
• Current available treatment for osteoarthritis
• How to self-manage your symptoms
• Why and how exercise can help with your osteoarthritis
• How to cope with the difficulties of daily activities associated with osteoarthritis
12 Neuromuscular Exercise performed in 60-minute exercise sessions (virtual/in-person) twice a week for 6 weeks led by our Exercise Specialist.
• Learn how to control your movements and proper posture
• Build muscular strength through functional exercises
• Learn how to apply these exercises to everyday activities
Data Collection for Quality Monitoring:
GLA:D Canada will measure how you are doing at your first visit, 3rd, and 12th months after you start the program.
How do you get in to the Program?
You can obtain a referral from your Peaks to Prairies PCN family doctor. If you are already seeing a P2P PCN nurse, social worker, mental health counsellor, or exercise specialist you can ask them about a referral.
Next Program Date?
October 25 - December 15, 2022
Where is the Program located?
Offered in Olds and Sundre. Call for details.