Our Mental Health Counselors are available to help adults who are experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of stress, anxiety or depression in reaction to various life circumstances. Our counselors will help to develop mental health goals that focus on mental wellness and helping the individual to function better day-to-day.
Services NOT offered at this time:
- Emergent services such as suicidality, crisis intervention, active psychosis, specific addiction services, trauma therapy
- Ongoing therapy (currently maximum of 3 sessions)
- Family therapy/Couples Counselling
- Moderate to severe cognitive impairment
- Formal assessments (e.g. court, back to work, disability, AISH, insurance assessments)
- Counselling for youth or children
We offer in-person or virtual (phone or Zoom) sessions during daytime hours.
Please contact your family physician or PCN clinician if you feel you could benefit from (up to) three counseling sessions.
We offer inclusive support in all areas of life as they affect a person’s physical, emotional, social, financial, and spiritual well being. We work in collaboration with your physician and PCN team to provide confidential client driven services.
What we can offer:
- Emotional support
- Referral and navigation (guidance)
- Goal setting
- Application assistance (for example income replacement, health benefits etc.)
- Groups (Hyperlink to info on menu of groups offered)
- Community connection opportunities
- Education and information
Depending on your needs you can meet with a social worker individually or join a group offered in your community. Referral to the Social Work Program can be made by your physician or self-referral.
Ask your Family Physician about how our PCN Social Workers can support you to be in your best health.