What is Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network?
The Peaks to Prairies Primary Care Network (PCN) is a non-profit corporation that is led by local Family Physicians in the communities of Olds and Sundre to provide primary health care in our area.
- All of the Family Physicians in Olds and Sundre are members of our PCN.
- Our PCN serves over 22,000 patients.
- Peaks to Prairies PCN is a joint-venture with Alberta Health Services, and partners closely with AHS and all other primary health care providers to do our best to coordinate care and provide services that meet the needs of the communities we serve.
Our mission at Peaks to Prairies PCN is to be a health home, where we provide patient-focused care, support and resources to enable you to be in your best health.
- A health home (also called a medical home) is the place where you have developed a relationship with your Family Physician, and where you feel comfortable to share your physical, mental and emotional health concerns.
- In the health home, your Family Physician works with our PCN team to provide you with coordinated team-based care and access to the medical and health care services that you need. Our PCN team of caring professionals includes nurses, social workers, an exercise specialist, and clinic and administrative support staff.